Thursday, January 17, 2013
Monday, December 10, 2012
Sunday, December 9, 2012
Monday, November 26, 2012
Monday, October 22, 2012
David Rutten, the developer of Grasshopper, has won an Innovative Research Award from Acadia.
The award recognizes innovative research in the field of digital design in architecture. Acadia elaborated on David's impact, "Grasshopper has been pivotal to the transformation of parametric design practices over the past five-plus years."
"He has made parametric design and system optimization easily accessible, and usable, to thousands of academics and practitioners. Mr. Rutten is known among his peers for being remarkably generous with his time. He provides continuous assistance to Grasshopper users through his tireless involvement on the Grasshopper blog and has remained actively supportive of the Acadia community for many years."
David couldn't be at the Acadia conference last week to accept his award, but recorded this self-revealing video for the conference.
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
A new release of PanelingTools plugin for Rhinoceros 5 and Grasshopper 0.9 is now available for download.
PanelingTools is a specialized plugin from Rhino 5 Labs to support cellular pattern generation and surface rationalization. PanelingTools extends Grasshopper to supports parametric paneling.
Click here for more details.
Monday, September 3, 2012
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
You can find download links and documentation at PanelingTools download page.
New in this release:
- Added mesh module support to paneling variable custom 3D components.
It is now possible to select a list of mesh modules or two meshes and calculate mean modules.
- Fixed a bad geometry bug when paneling surfaces with singularity.
- Added support to generate mean curves with local bounding space.
- Added the ability to define bounding space when creating variable mean surfaces.
- Added support for local bounding space for 3d variable modeling.
- Added support to create notches in ptFinEdges and ptExtrudeEdges commands.
- Fixed labeling objects UI bug.
- Fixed crash bug when creating singular panels.
- Fixed a bug related to applying variable patterns to diamond grids.
- Added ptTriangulateFaces command.
- Added GetPanelingGrid function to scripting to capture a paneling grid and turn into two dimensional array of points.
Thursday, September 1, 2011
New in this release:
- Fixed sections display bug. Section curves used to not show when viewing the model from one side or zoom out.
- Added double click support to select a section from the list.
- Solid objects inside blocks were not detected when sectioning. This is now fixed.
- Updated stMake2D command to use the new V5 Make2D enhancements. The command flow is also updated to allow selecting objects.
- Nest layout used to give incorrect (mirrored) result. This is now fixed.
- Added event watching to update sections when clipping planes of sections are directly dragged or transformed.